- We take all efforts to reasonably protect your rights of privacy on all our systems and websites controlled by us.
- However, we are not liable for any unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal and confidential information made by third parties who are not subject to our control, for example advertisers and websites that have links to our Site.
- Our policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive at the time of booking, the circumstances in and need for which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests in respect of your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person as also means of redressal for issues raised by you.
- This policy is limited to the website of ‘Whistling Woodzs Resort, Dandeli, Karnataka’ .
- The words ‘we’ ‘Resort’ and ‘Whistling Woodzs Resort’ do not include third-party hotel owners, booking agents or third parties involved in the delivery of services
- In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, Aadhar Number, e-mail address or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available and is not part of your work identification.
- It also includes information on guest preferences and usage, when such information is supplied to or recorded by Whistling Woodzs Resort in the course of transacting business with an individual which may be provided by the guest on his own accord.
- The Privacy Protection Policy does not apply to information regarding Whistling Woodzs’ corporate customers. However, such information is protected by other Whistling Woodzs Resort policies and practices and through specific contractual arrangements as the case may be.
How we collect your personal information
- By making a reservation through our website or by using Whistling Woodzs Resort services.
- By providing the information to us by participating in a marketing initiative.
- By visiting our website.
Below we will outline the type of information normally collected in each of these circumstances, the reasons for doing so, how we will use it and store it.
- When you voluntarily send us an electronic mail, we keep a record of this information so that we can respond to you.
- We only collect information from you when you register on our website or fill out a form. Also, when filling out a form on our site, you may be asked to enter your: name, email address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. In case you have submitted your personal information and contact details, we reserve the rights to Call, SMS, Email or Whatsapp about our products and offers.
Reservation from Whistling Woodzs Resort website
- When making a reservation or using Whistling Woodzs Resort services it is necessary for us to have specific information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your bookings and requests.
- This information usually includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date, and dietary preferences if any.
- It may also include if you choose to share that information with us, your preferences regarding the delivery of your services such as type of room, type of bed, and the like. You may wish to have your purchase of Whistling Woodzs Resort’ services recognized in a third party’s loyalty/ promotional program with which Whistling Woodzs Resort has a relationship (Ex. Winners of contests sponsored by Whistling Woodzs or Gift Vouchers redeemable at Whistling Woodzs)
- To do so will require you providing us certain verification information such as your membership number in the third party program. We also offer special discounts from time to time that may have qualifying criteria. Sometimes we offer special offers to, for example, seniors or children. To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we need to record your date of birth at the time of booking. You may be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth in order to verify this upon check-in.
- We may from time to time use third-party service providers to facilitate the operation of our website. As a result, your personal information may be accessed, administered or stored by such third parties to the extent reasonably required for them to perform such services.
BY VISITING OUR WEBSITE
- We may also evaluate our content and services and tailor our websites, for visitors, based on other information we collect, such as IP addresses, which are numbers assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet, pixel tags (or clear gifs), and the type of Internet browser or operating system you are using. This information is collected in the aggregate, but we may tie it to your personal information through cookie use as described above.
- We use Google Analytics to measure how visitors interact with content on our websites. We also use Facebook Custom Audiences to ask Facebook to show you ads that are customized based on your interaction with our websites or our Facebook applications and to measure how you interact with those ads.
- Google Analytics security and privacy principles summarize how Google protects information collected through Google Analytics. Facebook’s Data Use Policy describes how Facebook protects information collected through Facebook Custom Audiences.
- If you do not wish to have data relating to your visits to our websites collected through Google Analytics, you may opt-out by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. You may opt-out of Facebook Custom Audiences by visiting Facebook’s opt-out page.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide highest quality ongoing service at the resort.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for the type of room / dietary needs.
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services. For example, we look at our guests’ use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
- To manage and develop our business and operations. For example, we analyze guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
- Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by Whistling Woodzs Resort to perform functions on its behalfs such as reservations handling, website maintenance , data processing or storage, analytics, guest surveys or research.
- Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of Whistling Woodzs Resort it appears that there is an imminent danger to life (of the guest or of others at the resort) or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which disclosure is compelled by legal authority. Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by Whistling Woodzs Resort to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
CORE PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- Whistling Woodzs Resort will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your consent.
- Whistling Woodzs Resort will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- Whistling Woodzs Resort will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
- Whistling Woodzs Resort will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
- Whistling Woodzs Resort will honor your request to access your personal information in a timely fashion as is reasonably possible. You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us.
Whistling Woodzs has implemented robust measures to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We also request you to be vigilant about sharing information on this website.
Any content, including personal information, that you contribute to be shared, published or displayed on any of the Sites, or transmitted to other users of a Site, is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. We urge you to be extra careful & cautious on providing information in public areas of any of the Sites. Moreover, we believe that you understand and acknowledge that, even after removal, copies of your content, including personal information, that you contribute to be shared, published or displayed on a Site, or transmitted to other users of a Site, may remain viewable in cached and archived pages. Although we take all reasonable efforts to protect your personal information, in spite of this we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to a Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk & peril.
Information about minors
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from the young adult below the age 18yrs. All bookings at Whistling Woodzs Resort are to be made by adults above the age of 18 years only.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our privacy practices on this page as soon as possible though it may sometimes take some time to be visible on the website.